The manifestos of all pro-independence parties and particularly the SNP must include the following in some form. Parties will quite reasonably wish to write their own manifestos for the 2021 Scottish Parliament election on 6 May. These points are provided for guidance. It is critical that the outcome of the election should be a Scottish Government elected on a manifesto which includes commitment to these actions.
- Repudiate the Section 30 process as an illegitimate constraint of Scotland’s right of self-determination
- Assert the primacy of the Scottish Parliament on the basis of its democratic legitimacy and the sovereignty of Scotland’s people
- Recall Scotland’s Members of Parliament from Westminster to sit on a National Convention with Members of the Scottish Parliament and such representatives of civic society as are deemed appropriate by the Scottish Parliament for the purpose of overseeing the drafting of a Constitution for Scotland
- Propose dissolution of the Union with England subject to approval by the Scottish Parliament and ratification by the people of Scotland in a referendum
- Hold said referendum under the auspices of the Scottish Parliament and subject to oversight and management by such bodies as may be appointed by the Scottish Parliament